w3Chess is a Web- and Mail- based chess board.|
I built this to play chess over Internet with my friends. If you play chess via E-Mail, you have several problems:
- You need a chessboard in your house for every opponent
- You could drop your board down an loose the actual piece positions
- You can set a piece wrong and your boards doesn't look like your opponents one anymore
But I hate Java-Script and I hate huge dependencies for small solutions.
So, a w3Chess should have the following Features:
- few dependencies (it's written in c)
- high compatiblity (it's written in c, should also work under unfree Gaming Systems from Redmond)
- it should run fast (it's written in c)
- it should need less system ressources (do i have to say it ?)
- you should have the moves stored at home (E-Mail-Notifications....)
- you shouldn't be able to do wrong moves
- you shouldn't do moves if it is not your turn
- the administration should be easy (old games are removed after nn days)
- the usage should be easy (no "cosmetic" features, easy translation)
- you should be able to search for an opponent
- your pieces should be at the bottom
- Italian, thanks to Carlo !
- Brazilian Portuguese, thanks to Fabio !
- Spanish, thanks to Pablo !